Lindsey and I recently attended the San Antonio Board of REALTORS (SABOR) Military Housing Forecast for 2016. We went to the event because we wanted the inside scoop on housing and market trends for the year.
We thought we’d leave with some great stats on the effect that insanely low interest rates might have on the housing market in San Antonio. We also wanted to learn just what the heck the developers are doing to help make sure there’s ENOUGH houses for the number of people moving into San Antonio every week!!
We did get some of that information, and it was useful.
But…the most rewarding thing we learned was just how valuable our job is on a day-to-day basis.
- There are only 2,100 houses on Lackland AFB, according to the housing office manager. Which means…
- 85% of military families must live off-base. There just isn’t enough room for everyone on base.
- Military families need to find a place to live!
That’s where we come in! 🙂
Here’s the other reason why Lindsey and I believe what we do is so valuable…
- In a room of about 1,000 agents, only about 20 were familiar with the major military marketing websites for housing–MilitaryByOwner, AHRN, and so forth.
- …in a military dominant market.
What that did is emphasize for us just how important it is for our fellow military families who are relocating to San Antonio to have a fellow military family familiar with the PCS process help you make that transition.
In fact, no matter WHERE in the country you are moving, a fellow military family Realtor is your best option for helping you successfully navigate the PCS homebuying process.
If you are relocating to San Antonio, or anywhere in the US, we’d be happy to help make sure that you’re working a fellow military family to help you successfully transition to your new community!
Make sure to check out our Military Housing Network so that we can help you find a military spouse Realtor at your next duty station!